Update with Results:

Congratulations to Parimal Nilangekar, champion of the first LRTTC monthly tournament. Parimal defeated one of Arkansas' newest players, Jason Liem, 3 games to 1 in the final of the A group.

Also congratulations to Kedar Jambhekar for finishing at the top of B group by defeating Montadar 3-0.

The semifinals of the A group consisted of Parimal v. Tom Fox and Mike Lauro v. Jason Liem.  The semifinals of the B Group consisted of Kedar, Montadar, Mohan and Pramod.

Thanks to those of you who arrived early to help set up. We finished the tournaments matches ahead of schedule. After the round robins there were plenty of tables available for regular practice. Most people stayed to watch the finals, and we had all of the tables and equipment put up by Noon.

Special thanks to Parimal and Kedar for donating their winnings back to the club. After processing entry fees and prize money, the club made $62 today.

Breakdown of entry fees & prizes:

  • Total income from entries: $75
  • Total given as prize money: $30
  • First Place A Group, Parimal Nilangekar - $15.00 (donated back to club)
  • Second Place A Group, Jason Liem - $10.00
  • First Place B Group, Kedar Jambhekar - $5.00 (donated back to club)
  • Total profit from entries and donations: $65.00

People were already starting to talk about next month's tournament. It will be on the second Saturday of July, the 13th. We would like to use different formats for the monthly tournaments, so if you have any suggestions, please let us know.  A few people mentioned a giant round robin format. Since we have a regular 6 table setup, we can have a 12-player giant round robin that should finish in under 3 hours and 40 minutes.

For tournament details, including photos and final player entry list, click the Read More link below or scroll down if you are inside the full article.

Photos of tournament, Sat Jun 8, 2013: Finals

Photos of tournament, Sat Jun 8, 2013: General

Photos of tournament, Sat Jun 8, 2013: Winners

Welcome to the first of a series of monthly tournaments hosted at LRTTC.

What:  LRTTC monthly Tournament

Where:  LRTTC playing facility at ICLR

When:  Saturday, June 8, 2013 from 8:30am - 12:30/1:00pm

Tournament web page: http://lrttc.org/blog/93-tournaments/166-first-monthly-lrttc-tournament-june-8-2013

HOW TO ENTER:send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Entry fee must be paid prior to or on the day of tournament.  Alternatively, you may contact any of the LRTTC board:  Viful (President), Mohan (Vice President), Jeff (Secretary), Mike (Treasurer). 

Player eligibility:  Arkansas residents only.

This is a non-sanctioned tournament.  Entry fee is $5 for LRTTC current subscribers, $10 for everyone else. Deadline to register is Friday June 7, 5pm. No guarantees for entries received after this time. However we will try to accommodate all entry requests. Tentative format is initial round robin with all players advancing to second round robin based on outcome of first round robin. We anticipate 4 groups of 4 players each, or 5 groups of 4 players. Everyone will advance to second group. However only winners from top 4 groups will advance to single elimination semis. Winners of semis advance to final, losers of semis play for third. If we run out of time and the single elimination cannot be played then the top places will be determined by outcome of the group consisting of players who won each of the first round groups.

Prize money: LRTTC keeps 60% of the entry fees with the remaining 40% divided (amounts to be determined) between first, second and third places. Fourth place gets honorable mention.

Balls will be orange Nittaku 3-star Premium.
Please wear shirts where the main color is not orange(ish). White shirts and/or shirts with distracting designs are discouraged.

Games will be best 3 out of 5.

All USATT rules apply.

ICLR Code of Conduct applies to everyone using the facility. Please be familiar with these rules.

Club umpire:  Mike Lauro

Entries will be updated in the website throughout the week. Results with player photos will be posted online after the tournament.

Registration and warm-up starts at 8:00 a.m.  Play will start promptly at 8:30 a.m. and end around 12:30 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. This will be confirmed later in the week.

The next tournament will be the second Saturday in July. The format will likely be different.

Final player entries:

  Player Name Entry Fee USATT Rating Club Rating
1. Siva Soora $5.00  N/A  1725 est.
2. Mike Lauro $5.00  1822  1912
3. Jeff Pratt  $5.00  874  896
4. Montadar Al-Muhana  $5.00  1054  UR
5. Parimal Nilangekar  $5.00  N/A  1815
6. Kedar Jambhekar $5.00  1616  1667
7. Mohan Reddy $5.00   1083  UR
8. Viful Mhapsekar $5.00   1780  1799
9. Mugiame Manjanatha $5.00   UR  UR
10. Tom Fox $5.00  1910 1877
11. Jason Liem $10.00  1987  
12. William Hall $10.00  1768  
13. Pramod Nelluri $5.00  1108