Update with Results:
Congratulations to Jason Liem, champion of the second LRTTC monthly tournament. Bouncing back from a second place finish in last month's tournament, Jason defeated Scott Barone in a 5-game battle that went down to duece in the fifth game, with Jason winning 12-10. Jason and Scott received cash prizes.
Congratulations also to Ben Phillips who won the consolation bracket. Ben received a travel spray bottle and Yasaka Fukuda wiper.
The format ended up being a 1-stage round robin with 1 group of 7 and 1 group of 6. Each win counted for 2 points and each loss counted or 1 point. The top 4 in each group advanced to the Top 8 single elimination round and the rest of the players advanced to the consolation. In the group of 7, there was a 3 way tie for 3rd and 4th place. The tie break went down to game record, with Jim Miller and Mugimane Manju advancing to the Top 8 and Ben Phillips advancing to consolation.
Thanks to those of you who arrived early to help set up. Because it is the holy month of Ramada, it took extra time to roll up the prayer rugs and move tables and chairs. We were also able to install 2 more window covers to block the sunlight before the tournament started. If it wasn't for the help of volunteers, this tournament would have never happened. We finished the tournament slightly behind schedule, but all things considered, it went well. We were out of there by 12:30pm.
Special thanks to Jason Liem who donated part of his winnings back to the club. After processing entry fees and prize money, the club made $90 today.
Breakdown of entry fees & prizes:
Total income from entries: $105
Total given as prize money: $30
First Place, Overall, Jason Liem - $20.00 ($15.00 donated back to club)
Second Place, Overall, Scott Barone - $10.00
First Place, Consolation, Ben Phillips - Spray bottle and Yasaka Fukuda wiper
Total profit from entries and donations: $90.00
For tournament details, including photos, final player entry list, and scanned images of the draw sheets (with results) of the round robins and single eliminations, lick the Read More link below or scroll down if you are inside the full article.
We have scanned in the draw sheets with results of the round robin groups and single elimination events: View them here.
Photos of tournament, Sat July 13, 2013:
Welcome to the Second monthly tournament hosted at LRTTC.
What: LRTTC monthly Tournament
Where: LRTTC playing facility at ICLR
When: Saturday, July 13, 2013 from 8:30am - 12:30/1:00pm
Player eligibility: Arkansas residents only.
Details and Format: Entry fee is $5 for LRTTC current subscribers, $10 for everyone else. Deadline to register is Friday July 12, 5pm. No guarantees for entries received after this time. However we will try to accommodate all entry requests. Tentative format is initial round robin with all players advancing to second round robin based on outcome of first round robin. Instead of a second round robin, players may advance to a single or double elimination bracket. If we have 12 players, we could have 2 groups of 6 with each group playing on 3 tables. If we have 16 players, we could have 4 groups of 4 or 2 groups of 8. Everyone should play between 5-10 matches, depending on format. The format may change as the number of entries is confirmed and the entry deadline approaches.
Prize money: LRTTC keeps 60% of the entry fees with the remaining 40% divided among winners.
Official Tournament Balls will be orange Nittaku 3-star Premium. Players may play with other balls in a match if both payers agree. LRTTC will not provide white balls.
Clothing: Please wear shirts where the main color is not orange(ish). White shirts and/or shirts with distracting designs are discouraged.
Games: best 3 out of 5.
ICLR Code of Conduct applies to everyone using the facility. Please be familiar with these rules.
Certified Club Umpires: Viful Mhapsekar, Mike Lauro
Entries will be updated in the website throughout the week. Results with player photos will be posted online after the tournament.
Registration and warm-up starts at 8:00 a.m. Play will start promptly at 8:30 a.m. and end around 12:30 p.m. or 1:00 p.m.
The next tournament will be the second Saturday in August. The format will likely be different and may be a Sandpaper tournament.
Final Player Entries:
|Player Name||Entry Fee||USATT Rating||Club Rating|
* Did not play due to injury, so ran tournament instead.